The expo topic “Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life” will be addressed by the expo participants:
The Official Participants are: Countries (145) and International Organizations (3);
The Non-Official Participants are: Civil Society Organizations (17) and Corporate (6).
Most of the participants built their own pavilion. Some participants preferred to share spaces nominated clusters.
There are nine (9) clusters:
– Cocoa and Chocolate;
– Fruits and Legumes;
– Cereals and Tubers;
– Islands, Sea and Food; and
– Arid Zones.
Besides the pavilions and clusters, there are four (4) thematic areas:
– Pavilion Zero: a journey to explore how much humankind has produced;
– Future Food District: presents scenarios for the application of new technologies to the whole food chain;
– Children’s Park: dedicated to children activities; and
– Biodiversity Park: dedicated to Italy’s agriculture biodiversity.